PLTS Scheme of work

PLTS Scheme of work


When trying to think of ideas for how I could contribute to the lessons at my placement, I was thinking about the Personal Learning and Thinking Skills...specifically, how could they be made more interesting and less of a mundane task for the students to approach?

I got thinking and came up with the following idea.


PLTS Digital Post its!


My idea was, rather than the students filling out a chart about where they had used their Personal learning and thinking skills months after they'd done the projects, why not try and find a creative way to build them into their work as they go along? as they are all keeping Blogs of their work, I thought, why not find a way of incorporating these skills into their blogs as they go along, so that they can focus on where they are using the skills as they use them?

I wanted to connect this idea to their interests, subject, and overall skills development. This is the idea I came up with.

I set the students the following brief.


BRIEF

You have been given the task ofdesigning 'Digital Post Its' to represent each of the six PLTS headings.

These 'Post Its' will be used by you throughout the year to record your development of the PLTS Skills on your Blog.

The images you design may be uploaded as a Teaching Resource for use by Diploma

Teachers and students across the UK.

In setting the students this Brief, I pitched the project to them as a mini- commission in order to givethem some motivation to aim high with their design ideas.

I made some example designs to show them. See below!





I also embedded theses designs in my blog in order to show them an example of how the Designs would be used as Post its. They are embedded in random places throughout my Blog where I have identified that I have used these skills.
See if you can find them!

Sunday 13 December 2009 at 11:07

0 Comments to "PLTS Scheme of work"

Post a Comment