PLTS Designs lesson 3

PLTS Designs Lesson 3

Aims of the lesson


To develop understanding of how PLTS skills relate to real-life situations and the work environment.


To be able to identify how PLTS skils are used in Creative and Media processes, and how you have used them so far.


Tasks


1) To develop initial Design ideas for 'Self Manager' PLTS Design


2) To insert PLTS Designs into blogs


Self Manager



Find challenges and be able to be flexible when things change


Work towards goals, be able to do things by myself without giving up


Organise my time, be able to work out the best order to do things and be prepared for where things might go wrong


Be able to balance my work with my social/personal life


Respond well to change and ask for help when I need it


Develop my emotional intelligence and my relationships


For this lesson I created a starter to get the students talking about Self Management skills and highlight how important they are in order to be successful. I found the following images of famous 'Self Managers' and printed them as cards. I then got the students to work in pairs. 1 of the pair had the card with the famous person on and had to imagine themselves as that person. The other had to guess who it was through asking them the following questions.


Questions


What kind of challenges do you face in your job?


When do you need to be flexible?


When do you have to work alone?


When do you need to use organisational skills in your job?


What kind of things might go wrong in your job?


What help do you have with your job?


When do you need to work with others?


















This activity worked really successfully and I was really pleased with some of the insights that the students came up with.

They then spent the next 20 mins designing their 'Self Manager' Digital 'Post its'.

Then, for a 'mini plenary', I showed the students the video called 'Her Morning Elegance'(see previous blog entry.) Working in pairs again, I gave each pair a category of the PLTS (team worker, creative thinker, independent enquirer and reflective learner.) I asked each pair to think about where the producers of the video might have used the skill that they had been assigned throughout the production of the video, including during the Planning process, from conception through to realisation.

They all came up with some fantastic answers, and this activity enabled them to see more clearly how the PLTS Skills apply to the Creative process and understand the importance of each of these skills within the Creative and Media Industries.


For the last part of the lesson, the students inserted their 'post its' into their Blogs.

Sunday 13 December 2009 at 12:37

0 Comments to "PLTS Designs lesson 3"

Post a Comment